» Confirmation Class
Confirmation is a biblical and historic sacrament of the Church.
It has gone by various names, but it is about being empowered by the Holy Spirit so that we each might accomplish our unique role in the church of Jesus, not in our own strength, but by the power of God.
It is, secondarily, a means by which we are connected to the wider, historic arm of the Church which traces itself back to Jesus and the Apostles.
One of our bishops in the Diocese of Florida visits us roughly once a year and, at that time, offers the Sacrament of Confirmation (which is only imparted by a bishop).
Fr. Michael offers Confirmation Classes to prepare people to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. He usually offers two classes a year for adults and a youth course every year or so.
An announcement will be posted in the events calendar and events page of this website when classes are being offered.
Register for an upcoming confirmation class
Here is a list of many of the topics covered in the class:
- What is Confirmation?
- Being part of the Catholic and Apostolic Church
- Why we worship as we do
- Understanding the rhythm of the Church Year
- A Prayer Book Tour
- The Sacraments: a touch from God
- “Via Media”
- The Anglican Communion: a worldwide family
- The Structure and Polity of the Episcopal Church
- Sanctuary Tour
- The Story of the Bible
- The Apocrypha
- Anglican, Episcopal and Diocesan History
- Scripture, Tradition and Reason: Discerning God’s Will
- Confirmation: Empowerment for Ministry